Whether you’re a walker, a runner or a cyclists, here are three ways you can race for charity!
Live Well San Diego 5K: Join former Chargers player, Nick Hardwick, as this event brings together the San Diego community to create awareness of the countywide Live Well San Diego vision for a healthy, safe, and thriving region. The Live Well San Diego 5K will be a fun, family-friendly event for all ages, including a kids fun zone. Whether you run competitively or love walking with friends, this is a fun way to get some exercise and support a great cause! All proceeds from this event will go to the Polinsky Children’s Center (PCC) Trust Fund that benefits children in foster care. PCC, operated by the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency, is the county’s 24 hour emergency shelter for children that are abused and/or neglected. May 30.
Miles 4 Music 5K: This is the first annual 5K race through Mission Trails Regional Park to raise money for the Lewis Middle School Music Department. The Miles 4 Music 5K starts and finishes at the equestrian center parking lot at the east entrance to the Park on Mast Boulevard, just west of SR 52 in Santee, California. The race route includes the Grasslands Loop Trail and the Oak Canyon Trail. You will race through fields, up hills, next to the San Diego River, and around the Old Mission Dam. The race will be timed, and refreshments and t-shirts will be given to all participants at the end of the race. Whether for victory or just to enjoy scenic Mission Trails, this race will challenge and entertain. Registration is limited to 300 participants for ages 11 and up. he race will start promptly at 8:00 AM. Please arrive by 7 AM to ensure time to park and register. Parking is limited. Please carpool where possible. At registration, please have a picture I.D. and signed waiver in order to participate. You will receive a bib and timing chip. Timing chips must be returned immediately following the race. Results will be announced after all participants have crossed the finish line. May 30.
San Diego Century: Reach a new cycling goal with the San Diego Century on May 30, 2015! 33, 67 or 105 miles with free training and coupon codes for great savings today! Grab a jersey combo, choose a course and join 1500 of your cycling friends on Saturday May 30, 2015 for a ride through the beautiful hills of San Diego County and a finish-line expo in Encinitas.
- 6:00 to 8:00 AM Start. 103 mile riders should arrive to leave as early as possible, given your estimated speed, to manage the heat and avoid course closure.
- 10:00 AM: Taste the Hills Expo opens at MCC. SAG Station at 16 mile is closed.
- Noon: Course swept first 30 miles.
- 1:00 PM: 67 Mile (Green) Course is swept up to 42 miles.
- 3:30 PM: SAG station closed (Purple Course). Purple Course swept from 42-65 miles.
- 4:30 PM: SAG station closed (Purple Course). Purple Course is swept from 62-80 miles.
- 5:00 PM: Taste the Hills Expo at MCC closes.
- 5:30 PM: Purple Course is swept from 80-95 miles.
- 6:00 PM: Course Closed! All aid stations closed and signs removed. Finish Area is cleaned.