A great destination for kids from all over the world is none other than the LEGOLAND California. This is particularly located at Carlsbard, 40 minutes from north of downtown San Diego. It is open daily from 10am to 5pm, but opens longer during the summer season until 8pm. The admission fee starts at $67 for adults, kids and senior citizens get a discount. This place is packed with family rides and of course, tons of attractions made only with LEGO blocks.
The LEGOLAND California is the only LEGOLAND theme park in all of United States. It is perfect for kids ages 2 to 12 years old. But the whole family can surely enjoy staying at this awesome theme park. As previously mentioned, it is equipped with dozens of adventure rides, including water rides, which are not just for kids, but also suitable for teens and adults. The theme park comes crawling with play areas too where kids can take a break from the cool rides. Inside this park, people will find more than 15,000 LEGO models, built out of more or less 35 million LEGO bricks, what more can you possibly ask for?
When is the Best Time to Visit LEGOLAND California?
- LEGOLAND is situated near the coast, which perfectly offers a nice climate all throughout the year.
- However, if you would like to avoid the daytime sun and those sun burns, May and June provides the best weather, especially during the mornings. But even during the sunny days, everyone can still enjoy the place since there are water rides where they can dip in. Summer evenings are also fine.
- For those who have children who don’t go to school yet, it would be best to visit when classes are in session, probably on weekdays of September to May.
The Finest Attractions of LEGOLAND
The terrain of this wonderful theme park is generally flat, and there is an accessible park map where you can read details regarding the different areas within the park. Here are some of the finest attractions.
- The Duplo Village: This area is perfect for younger children, equipped with buildings, slides, and fun activities.
- Dino Island: A theme park would not be complete without the dinosaurs. Kids can explore with fossils, ride a junior rollercoaster, and climb inside the Megga-Egga-Saurus.
- Fun Town: This is a scaled-down town where kids can act like their adults, surely a dream come true for most of them.
- The Pirate Shores: Kids can go shout, “Aye, aye Captain”, in this part of LEGOLAND. The area is full of incredible pirate themed LEGO figures that people will surely love.
- The Castle Hill: If the Pirate Shores is more for boys, the Castle Hill is the girl’s favorite. This is a place where kings and queens come alive in LEGO figures. Pretty little girls can play as the damsel in distress.
- Land of Adventure: This area of the theme park features Egypt in the 1920s. Some adventures that await here are the Beetle Bounce, Cargo Ace, and of course, the Pharaoh’s Revenge.
There are so much more in store for kids and adults in the LEGOLAND California. Indeed, this is the perfect place to spend the weekend.
Here are some of the important information that visitors need to know.